Sunday 1 December 2013

Screen Printing Project

Screen Printing is something I got to try whilst on my Art and Design course at Halesowen College and really enjoyed it. It wasn't until I rented a studio at Staffordshire University in Stoke on Trent, that I got to do it all over again. 

I wanted to do some more screen printing but this time I have made my own screens and I am doing a handmade version of screen printing. This week I have been making and preparing the screens ready to expose my designs. The screens are drying as we speak. If you would like to know how to go about this process then I would be more than happy to share. 

I managed to get hold of some small screens and have stapled Screen Printing mesh to them tightly and then used Diazo Speedball Photo Emulsion to coat my screens ready for the next step. 

Here are some pictures for you to take a look at my progress. 








No comments:

Post a Comment